wersi OAS7 clean install procedure
* if you dont feel at home messing around with computers i would not recomend trying this. The procedure is quite uncomplicated but you will need some previous experience.
* before you start make an image of your crive on to another drive using acronis true image that way you can mess up and it wont mater you can just reload the original image and OAS will be just as buggy as it was before you started. :=)
1. locate the file c:\wersi\system\modules.bin
2. open it with notepad.exe (do not attempt to edit it)
3. make a note of your activation keys contained within.(if you havent got them writen down. if you mess up here you will have to phone wersi for the codes)
4. locate file sg12serial.bin (this contains your sg12 dsp cards seriel nr you might need it if wersi have given you an older refurbished card)
5. open it with notepad.exe and write down the numberor (or copy it to a floppy or usb drive.)
6. Locate drivers for touchscreen and creamware SG 12 card .you will find them at C:\wersi\system\treiber-ASIO\or C:\wersi\install\driver\
7. copy the map containing the drivers to a cd or usb drive.
(if you cant find the drivers you are f.... do not atempt a clean install if you cant locate them).
8. When you have got this far its time to reinstall windows i recomend formating the drive if you have never done this before then now is not the time to learn.
When you have reinstalled windows you have to install the drivers for your mainboard inc your vidio card drivers when you have done that its time for the the touch screen drivers that you saved in step 6 .And then the sg12 driver.
After that install OAS make sure you choose the right options in the OAS install dialogue choose clean install (open the service dialog box choose correct instrument ie abacus ,scala etc there are a few other choices in there aswell for ox7 and open art arranger etc select the options you need.Dont forget to select aoutostart for oas if you want to boot streight in to OAS on startup .
once everything is installed the system will retart.You may or may not be asked for a seriel number for your sg12 if you get this question write in the number from step 5.into the dialog .
After that Oas should start now you need to reactivate your software.you can try overwriting the file c:\wersi\system\modules.bin with the same file from step 1 havent tried this but it should work(note that the optional software that comes with new instrumints is not included in the wersi upgrade cds.If you reinstall you loose the lot i never bothered with it anyway i use vstis in my opinion they are allot better.exept for the Open art arranger ime gonna get that.
so if you have paid for activation any of this stuff you will have to contact wersi.
if you have problems with graphics you may need to change the graphics accelaration dialoig in windows wersi seem to do this as standard.
If you doo decide to try this you will also loose youre total presets and mapings (you can rebuild them if you have them saved but its a pain)
I have done this a couple of times just for the hell of it so i knowe it works but i ALLWAYS have a working backup just in case .